The Mission of Alpha Pi Mu
- To confer recognition upon the industrial engineering student who has shown exceptional academic interests and abilities in his field.
- To encourage wherever possible any movement which will advance the best interest of industrial engineering education.
- To further unify the student body of the Industrial Engineering Department in presenting its needs and ideals to the faculty.
- To create a closer student-faculty relationship by bringing together the needs and thoughts of both.
- To assist and cooperate with all organizations and persons working for the interest of industrial engineering.
- To benefit its members by the association and experience that can come from bringing together a group with similar interests, objectives, and abilities.
- To promote the professional welfare of all.
The Goals of Alpha Pi Mu
- Recognize top junior and senior industrial engineering students for their academic achievements
- Increase professional development among members
- Promote networking among faculty, graduate, and undergraduate students
- Have fun!
Student Organization Advisor
Green manufacturing; green supply chains; disassembly modeling; remanufacturing; reverse logistics; managing end of life products; environmentally conscious manufacturing; manufacturing sustainability; reverse and closed-loop supply chains; just-in-time (jit) manufacturing and materials management; operations research: stochastic and simulation modeling